Nawaz Sharif conditionally allowed to travel abroad for treatment
ISLAMABAD – Federal Cabinet's sub-committee has given conditional approval to remove the name of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif's name from the Exit Control List (ECL) on humanitarian grounds, local media reported.
However, an official decision in this regard is likely to be announced tonight by the committee after further brainstorming on an application filed by Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) President Shahbaz Sharif seeking the removal of his brother in another meeting scheduled on 9:30PM.
Earlier in the day, the committee which is presided over by Federal Law Minister Dr Farogh Naseem continued for several hours but could not reach a decision. Therefore, another meeting will be held later tonight.
Media report citing sources claimed that the government has decided to allow the ailing former premier to travel abroad for his treatment amid some conditions. Sharif family would be asked by the government to submit surety bonds against the removal of the PML-N supremo.
The supreme leader of Pakistan Muslim League-N has been suffering from platelets disorder and other diseases for several days. He remained under treatment at a public hospital in Lahore for 16 days and later he was shifted to his residence earlier this month after high courts in Lahore and Islamabad granted him bail on medical grounds in Al-Azizia and Chaudhry Sugar Mills case respectively.
PTI minister gets court notice for linking Nawaz ... 11:59 AM | 11 Nov, 2019
ISLAMABAD - The Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Monday sought a reply from Federal Minister for Aviation Ghulam Sarwar ...
The former premier was scheduled to fly to London along with his younger brother Shehbaz Sharif and his personal physician Dr Adnan for his medical treatment at Harley Street Clinic on Qatar Airways flight QR629 on Monday.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020