'Shopian operation' – Uproar after Indian army captain killed three Kashmiris for prize money
NEW DELHI – An Indian army captain was charged with killing three Kashmiri civilians in a staged encounter in Shopia district of the Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJ&K) to get prize money of INR200,000.
The fake encounter occurred in July 2020 when labourers Abrar Ahmed,25, Imtiyaz Ahmed, 20, and 16-year-old Mohammed Ibrar were shot dead.
According to the Indian police charge sheet, the captain named Bhoopinder Singh of 62 Rashtriya Rifles fired at the three Kashmiri youth even before his party could lay a cordon of the area.
It further said that two civilians — Tabish Ahmad, a resident of Shopian, and Bilal Ahmad, a resident of Pulwama — also joined the fake encounter as sources of army.
“They (Captain and two civilians) purposefully destroyed evidence of a real crime that they have committed and also have been purposefully projecting false information as part of a criminal conspiracy hatched between them with a motive to grab prize money of INR200,000," it said.
The accused captain had later showed two pistols with two magazines and other items in an attempt to prove the encounter real.
Military probe finds Indian army captain guilty ... 10:54 AM | 27 Dec, 2020
SHOPIAN – An army officer of the rank of a captain along with two others have been found guilty for killing three ...
Later in the police probe, the Special Investigation Team “recreated all the scenes of crime” and “the route used after meeting the victims and the place where the victims were murdered”.
After the probe, Captain Singh and the two civilians were charged sheeted under Sections 302, 364, 201, 436, 120-B, 182 of the IPC, and Section 7/25 IA Act.
According to The Hindu, a local court has already issued an order asking the army authorities “to give their opinion whether the accused Captain be tried by the Criminal Court of ordinary jurisdiction or by the Court Martial”.
The Indian army is facing a growing backlash on social media after the inhumane act of the captain was exposed in the charge sheet.
More fake from India. This time the staging of killings!#Shopian 👉Fake Encounter👈: Army Captain staged gunfight for Rs 20 lakh, fired before cordon was laid#ReturnTheBodies #Kashmir #UN #Pakistan https://t.co/OIi841Xipy— Bea (@HerNameIs_Bea) January 10, 2021
- Kiran removes husband Imran Ashraf’s name, photos from Instagram ...12:35 PM | 12 Aug, 2022
- Saudi Arabia allows tourist visa holders to perform Umrah11:33 AM | 12 Aug, 2022
- Islamabad court sends Shahbaz Gill on judicial remand in sedition case10:54 AM | 12 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan reports 11 Covid deaths in single day as positivity ratio ...10:22 AM | 12 Aug, 2022
- Naila Kiani becomes first Pakistani woman climber to summit three ...10:04 AM | 12 Aug, 2022
- Zara Noor Abbas and Merub Ali’s hilarious sleepover video wins ...09:39 AM | 12 Aug, 2022
- ‘Aik Thi Laila’: Yasir Hussain, Iqra Aziz take their relationship ...11:49 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Here’s all you need to know about release of Aamir Khan’s Laal ...07:44 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022