CTD officials who murdered Karachi youth arrested
While talking to media, Khattab also said that one of the four police personnel involved in the incident had been arrested from his mansion.
Khattab said, “The CTD police van was passing through the Lucky Star area of Saddar when they recognized a youth hanging onto a car door. The personnel tried to stop the car.” The boy they killed was named Abrar.
The officials then chased after the car and fired to make it stop, according to police officials said. However, by the time local police had arrived on scene, they had fled.
Karachi police chief Mushtaq Mehar said that the Deputy Inspector-General East would head the investigation team to probe Abrar's murder. Senior Superintendent Faisal Chachar, Zulfiqar Mehar and Superintendent Fahad will assist the DIG in investigations.
Additional IG Karachi, Mushtaq Mehar said the murder case would be investigated on merit and assured that every angle of the incident would be thoroughly explored.
The deceased youth was allegedly shot down by a policeman clad in plainclothes yesterday night in Sindh Muslim Society.
- Pakistan secures spot on three key United Nations bodies02:00 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan marks Allama Iqbal’s 83rd death anniversary01:58 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- NAB summons Punjab Minister Aslam Iqbal, Samiullah Ch in sugar scam01:43 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Afghan peace conference in Turkey postponed as Taliban balk01:14 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Syra Yousaf’s birthday bash photos go viral06:02 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021