Judge Arshad Malik meets IHC CJ amid 'leaked' video controversy
ISLAMABAD - The accountability court judge Arshad Malik met Acting Islamabad High Court (IHC) Chief Justice Amir Farooq on Thursday, amid a video scandal concerning him and former premier Nawaz Sharif.
Though newsmen gathered outside the august court, no statement was issued regarding the agenda of the meeting, however, speculations are rife that its agenda was to deliberate over the ‘leaked’ video shared by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz during a news conference last week.
Judge Arshad Malik - who was shown in a video talking to PML-N supporter Nasir Butt about the Al-Azizia reference filed against the former prime minister Nawaz Sharif - had also met with Justice Farooq on Monday, however, no statement was issued in this matter.
After the video was shown by PML-N Vice President, Maryam Nawaz, Justice Farooq had met with the Chief Justice of Pakistan Asif Saeed Khosa though the superior judiciary has not taken any notice of the video up until now.
Maryam and Shehbaz presented the leaked video at a hurriedly called news conference, claiming it proved Nawaz Sharif's innocence.
In the video, the judge is shown to be informing Nasir Butt about the specifics of the case filed by the National Accountability Bureau.
The judge had issued a press release, and acknowledged to have met Nasir Butt, but rejected Maryam’s allegations that he had convicted Nawaz under any sort of pressure.
“The videos shown during the press conference are fake and based on lies and assumptions,” the judge had said in the press release.
The former premier was sentenced to seven years behind bars in the Al-Azizia reference by Accountability Court Judge, Arshad Malik.
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019