Euro 2016: Clashes in Marseille ahead of England encounter with Russia
TV footage showed scenes of violence, including fans throwing chairs yanked from restaurant terraces and scuffling on a staircase, where one man was seen kicking another one down the stairs.
Marseille´s emergency services said one person suffered a heart attack during the fracas and had been taken to hospital while one middle-aged England fan was knocked unconscious.
Water canon trucks moved in and dozens of police armed with batons cordoned off streets, firing tear gas to break up the skirmishes.
Broken glass and debris littered some roads and walkways near the Queen Victoria pub, focal point of clashes between English, Russian and French fans on Thursday and Friday.
- COAS Bajwa arrives in UK on official visit09:23 AM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:10 AM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 11 August 202208:59 AM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Afghan immigrant arrested for serial killing of Pakistanis in US11:55 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Lollywood’s much-awaited ‘The Legend of Maula Jatt’ finally has ...07:25 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Hania Aamir in action to keep rainwater out of her Karachi apartment ...06:11 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Nora Fatehi's latest video sets internet on fire10:09 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022