Pakistan celebrates 73rd Independence Day today
ISLAMABAD – The nation is celebrating its 73rd Independence Day on Friday with a renewed resolve to work with the spirit of Pakistan Movement to make the country a true welfare state, according to the state broadcaster.
The day was dawn with thirty-one gun salutes in the Federal Capital and twenty-one gun salute in the provincial headquarters. Prayers will be offered for security and progress of Pakistan and well-being of the people. It will be a public holiday.
National flag was hoisted at all important public and private buildings..
The main feature of the celebrations will be a national flag hoisting ceremony at President House Islamabad. President Dr. Arif Alvi will be the chief guest on the occasion.
Similar flag hoisting ceremonies will also be held at provincial, divisional and district headquarters level throughout the country.
Public and private buildings as well as streets, bazaars and markets have been illuminated across Pakistan.
- ‘Bismillah’ – Sharmila Faruqui files cybercrime complaint ...06:49 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- PCB announces reserve pool of players for PSL 202206:18 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan celebrities in shock over blast in Lahore’s Anarkali Bazaar05:40 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- 'Tu Jhoom' - Coke Studio's producer Xulfi refutes plagiarism claims03:44 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021