Khawaja Asif ‘made massive transactions to Kashmala Tariq,’ NAB probe takes new turn
LAHORE – The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has launched investigation into alleged transactions of millions of rupees by PML-N bigwig Khawaja Muhammad Asif to Kashmala Tariq, who is currently serving as Federal Ombudsperson for Protection against Harassment of Women at the Workplaces.
The anti-corruption watchdog found evidence about dubious transaction while probing an asset beyond means case against Asif, who is already in the custody of NAB.
Reports in local media say the former foreign minister transferred Rs120 million to account of Kashmala Tariq through his frontman.
Khawaja’s frontman allegedly made a transaction of Rs70 million to Tariq in January 2015 while Rs50 million were transferred to her account in August 2016.
The reports cited sources as saying that Kashmala Tariq also operated a joint account with a woman named Farida Yasin. The joint account was used to transfer hefty amount to Punjab Enterprises, a firm registered at the name of Asif’s frontman, identified as Javed Warraich.
Kashmala Tariq weds Waqas Khan in Islamabad 05:15 PM | 2 Nov, 2020
ISLAMABAD – Former lawmaker Kashmala Tariq has tied the knot with businessman Waqas Khan at a local hotel in ...
- Four killed, PTI MPA Malik Liaqat injured in Lower Dir attack11:20 AM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Commonwealth Games 2022: Pakistan’s Tayyab Raza loses bronze medal ...10:12 AM | 7 Aug, 2022
- Russian girl travels to Pakistan to marry love of her life11:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2022
- Neelam Muneer is living a dream vacation in Swat10:51 PM | 6 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022