APS massacre mastermind killed in US drone strike: official
PESHAWAR (Web Desk) - The mastermind of the massacre of Army Public school (APS) in Peshawar that left over 140 schoolchildren died in 2014 has been killed in a drone strike in Afghanistan, a security official stated.
The official claimed Umar Mansoor was killed along with Qari Saifullah, in the strike in the Afghanistan’s Nangarhar Province on Saturday.
The massacre on December 16, 2014, left 144 students and staff members dead after seven gunmen of the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) stormed the Army Public School.
The US State Department, on May 25, designated Umar Mansour as a global terrorist.
There was no confirmation of Mansour’s death from the TTP.
- Number of coronavirus cases starts declining in Islamabad, says NCOC11:41 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa hails improved security situation in tribal districts10:04 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — PIA announces to resume flights to UAE08:34 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- CJP Gulzdar orders formation of more accountability courts08:19 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Federal govt takes decision about reopening schools across Pakistan07:49 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Sajal Aly pens an emotional note to celebrate the third anniversary ...01:17 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Johnny Depp takes legal action against British tabloid over 'wife ...12:51 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali pens a heartfelt birthday note for her mother11:36 AM | 8 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020