Nepal's new Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli sworn in
Oli, a former deputy prime minister who heads one of Nepal's main communist parties, is credited with having pushed through a deal on the constitution after years of disagreement.
After his election on Sunday he urged political unity to try to resolve the stand-off with protesters from the country's Madhesi minority, who say the charter's terms will exclude them from power in the national assembly.
On Monday Oli appointed two deputy prime ministers from parties that opposed elements of the constitution passed in September, months after an earthquake that killed nearly 9,000 and left many more homeless.
They are Kamal Thapa, head of the royalist Rastriya Prajatantra Party Nepal (RPP-N), and Bijay Kumar Gachhadar who leads one of Nepal's Madhesi parties.
- U19 CWC: Haseebullah, Awais Ali shine as Pakistan beat Zimbabwe by ...09:53 AM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan's Covid cases cross 5,000-mark for the first time since ...09:28 AM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:08 AM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 18 January 202208:41 AM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Gold price surges by Rs50 per tola in Pakistan10:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Ayesha Omar spotted enjoying vacations in Dubai04:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021