LONDON: PM Sharif warns against taking undue advantage of govt tolerance
Responding a query regarding his London visit, he said, “I am here for my medical checkup. I am serving my nation with all honesty.”
When asked about how he plans to tackle the issue of Panama leaks, he said he had expressed his views on the subject in detail during his televised addressed to the nation.
“I don’t even know what charge I am facing or what wrongdoing I have committed,” he added.
PM Sharif said Pakistan is craving development and this person (Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan) should not try to obstruct the country’s march towards progress.
Responding to a question about the possibility of a meeting between him and Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) Co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari, he dispelled the impression that the government is in a spot where it finds itself in need to make such contacts.
“We will not allow anyone to stop the country’s way forward to progress, as Pakistan needs it,” he asserted.
“My being in power is not endeared to me. We just want to see a prosperous Pakistan,” he said.
- Virat Kohli announces to step down as India’s T20I captain06:41 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- UK decides about Pakistan’s red list status today06:23 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran assures Tajik investors of ‘full-fledge facilities’05:51 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Asim Azhar and Bilal Maqsood jam together on iconic songs05:00 PM | 16 Sep, 2021