Independence Day : Army chief hoists 'largest' Pakistan flag at Wagah Border, renews pledge to protect country
The flag, made entirely in Pakistan, was hoisted on a 400-feet pole at midnight. The size of the flag is 120 feet by 80 feet.
DawnNews reported that the flag is the highest one in South Asia and the 8th highest in the world.
The flag was hoisted at a ceremony held to mark Pakistan's 70th anniversary. The hoisting was followed by grand fireworks and an address by Gen Bajwa. "Some 77 years ago, Pakistan resolution was passed in the same city [Lahore]. Pakistan came into being on the night of 27th Ramazan — it was a blessed night," said the army chief.
"Today, the country is progressing on the path of the law and the Constitution. All Institutions are working properly. We will make Pakistan the country of Quaid-e-Azam and Allama Iqbal," he said.
"We have rendered many sacrifices — we will never forget our martyrs. We will execute each and every terrorist in Pakistan. I want to tell our enemies, whether they are in the in east or west, that your bullets will end but not the chests of our jawans."
Acknowledging Pakistan's "internal and external challenges", the COAS said, "I assure you that we will never let you down. Any power that will aim to weaken Pakistan, the Pakistan Army and all other institutions will foil their attempts."
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran woos back Chaudhry brothers during Lahore visit11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan 'should shake hands' with Israel, Mubashir Lucman tells ...11:31 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Marriyum Aurangzeb ditches crazy fan wanting a selfie (VIDEO)10:25 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020