Shehbaz Sharif adresses Nawaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Judges, Generals in a unique independence day message
In an unusual video message, the chief minister while addressing almost all power holders in the state hierarchy including military generals, bureaucrats and judges, said that it is time to reflect on what the country has achieved during the course of seven decades.
"It is a time for collective introspection for those who were empowered to establish justice, peace and promote prosperity. To reflect whether they have achieved the goals in these 70 years or not."
He called on institutions and leaders to promote and practise politics on the principles of consensus and unity.
"I urge all politicians and bureaucrats to put their personal agendas aside and prioritise nationalistic agenda," he added.
Traditionally, politicians and statesmen in Pakistan have chosen to address the common public in their Independence Day messages. However, the chief minister's message is unique in its nature as it addresses the institutions and 'custodians' of power in state hierarchy.
- Samsung launches SmartThings Find, a new way to quickly locate your ...03:14 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- edotco appoints new Country Managing Director Pakistan02:15 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- KIA Niro Spotted in Pakistan – Is the future of Hybrid vehicles ...01:51 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Meet Nabeel Ahmad: The Founder and CEO of Skyray Ventures01:47 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020