PM Imran directs for National Action Plan to tackle hoarding
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has directed provincial governments to prepare a National Action Plan within one week to check adulteration and inflation in the country.
Chairing a high-level meeting in Islamabad, the premier directed Chief Secretaries of all provinces to chalk out an effective strategy and present a roadmap against hoarding within one week.
Khan warned that strict action will be taken against the elements involved in hoarding of various commodities, including milk, sugar, rice, and meat.
He was given a detailed briefing on the measures regarding online delivery of commodities of daily usage, launching of a mobile application about prices and formation of farm markets to facilitate farmers in all major cities of the country.
Expressing serious concern over rising prices of flour in Sindh, the PM directed the Sindh Chief Secretary to ensure immediate measures to control prices of flour in the province.
The meeting reviewed various measures taken by the government to check adulteration, hoarding and inflation in the country.
- American company to set up first ever manufacturing unit of ...12:24 AM | 25 Feb, 2020
- US relations with Pakistan 'very good one': Trump tells rally in India10:39 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Operation Swift Retort: PAF releases new song in connection with ...10:18 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Jake Paul deletes Tweet about Zayn Malik after getting dissed by ...08:03 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- On Sridevi's 2nd death anniversary, Janhvi Kapoor shares throwback ...02:28 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Local authorities close Venice Carnival early on virus fears: report12:52 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019