Germany, France to develop “new generation” European fighter jet
The announcement was made by France following talks between German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Macron in Paris.
BergmannNo more dependence on allies, Europe should take its fate into own hands – Merkel after G7
“The two partners hope to finalize a joint roadmap by mid-2018,” the French presidency said in a statement, as quoted by the European media.
The fighter jets, which will replace the two countries’ current fleets, “were very heavy projects for our armies and our governments,” Macron said during a joint press conference with Merkel.
He went on to state that joint European aircraft will save money and remove competition between different jets which are currently on the market.
“The aim of this fighter jet for a new generation is first to launch a common research and development program to be able to plan it together and then for our two armies to be able to use it together. I confirm to you, it’s a profound revolution, but we are not afraid of revolutions,” Macron said.
The two sides also agreed to develop a cooperation framework for the next model of the Tiger attack helicopter, and for tactical ground-to-air missiles, the media reported, citing a document released after the Thursday talks.
- PMDC restored as Senate approves amendment bill11:59 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Man arrested for running fake Twitter account in Syra Yousuf's name11:40 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Hania Aamir leaves fans impressed as she sings 'Kesariya'10:59 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Kim Kardashian pays $1.26 million to settle SEC crypto charge09:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Zafar releases new Punjabi song08:57 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022