Mob beats up "untouchable" Christian ice-cream seller in Kasur for selling to Muslims
ISLAMABAD (Web Desk) - Pakistan Peoples Party’s (PPP) vice-president Sherry Rehman condemned the federal and Punjab governments for failing to take action against a mob that beat up a Christian ice-cream vendor in Kasur , calling the incident atrocious.
According to details, the mob tortured a Christian ice-cream vendor, Khaleel Masih, for selling ‘unclean merchandise to Muslim children’. Mob leaders also reportedly called Christians ‘untouchables’ and claimed that they should not be allowed to sell edibles to Muslims.
She urged the government to quickly devise a strategy to avert the recurrence of such hate crimes.
Rehman said, “Pakistan cannot continue to tolerate continual religious persecution of its minorities. They are not second-class citizens and should not be treated as such.”
- Pakistan censures extremist mindset of Indian general11:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Lahore journalist remanded into FIA custody over anti-state social ...11:27 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- NETSOL technologies to ring Nasdaq closing bell on Jan 2108:56 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes08:13 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- TLP unrest: Khadim Rizvi's brother, nephew among 86 awarded ...08:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019