Coronavirus fears: Pakistan Day Parade cancelled
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan on Friday canceled the Pakistan Day Parade, scheduled on March 23, 2020. The decision was aimed to contain the spread of the coronavirus which has affected 28 people in the country.
The decision was taken by the National Security Committee in its meeting held today to discuss the response from the government to the virus which has affected more than 120,000 people in the world and caused the deaths of more than 4,500 people worldwide.
The committee decided to impose a ban on public events and the Pakistan Day Parade was no exception. It also decided to put in place a ban on cinemas, public gatherings, and events at wedding halls.
Pakistan has been struggling to contain the spread of the virus as new cases of the coronavirus emerge in different cities of the country with each passing day.
Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Health, Dr Zafar Mirza, confirmed on Friday that seven new cases of the coronavirus had emerged in Pakistan. All seven cases were reported in Taftan and had been isolated, he said.
The government also decided that only three airports in the country will cater to international flights. International flights will operate only at Karachi, Islamabad and Lahore airports for the time being.
Pakistan on Friday sealed its borders with Afghanistan and Iran for two weeks as the coronavirus crisis deepens in the region.
- French prime minister resigns01:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Hayme Ana from Diriliş: Ertuğrul is a phenomenal actress: Aisha ...12:38 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Better compliance of SOPs by people helped to contain spread of ...12:37 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020