Main suspect in Kashmore gang-rape case killed by accomplice
KASHMORE – The main suspect in the Kashmore gang-rape incident was killed on Friday by his co-accused in an alleged encounter near the Sindh-Balochistan border, said police.
The main culprit named Rafiq Malik was taken by the police to point out the hideout the accomplice in the jurisdiction of Bakhshapur Police Station when the incident happened.
According to police, co-accused Khairullah Bugit launched firing on police when Rafiq Malik received bullet and died while he was being shifted to hospital.
The main suspect was arrested a day earlier after a woman alleged him of gang-raping her and her four-year-old daughter.
The woman told police she had been allured by the suspects with a promise of the job.
She added that her daughter had been held hostage by the suspects. The victim in the complaint said that she was later released by, telling her to bring them another woman from Karachi to get back her daughter.
Taking action on the complaint, the police set a trap and arrested Rafiq without any resistance.
- Karachi stats show 36pc spike in rape cases in 2020 – 7 years high11:31 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Four rare black deer stolen from Lahore’s Safari Park11:01 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Taliban hails US troop drawdown from Afghanistan10:29 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- ATC sentences student to death for 'killing professor over anti-Islam ...10:02 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Coronavirus: Pakistan reports 2,521 new cases, 43 deaths09:21 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 30th birthday04:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Details of Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's wedding revealed03:58 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021