Almeida refuses to record statement
Prime Minister House and Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif called the report as fabricated.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif directed the interior ministry to hold an inquiry to determine who leaked the report.
Federal Minister for Climate Change Zahid Hamid, who is head of the inquiry committee, twice contacted Mr Almeida and asked him to record his statement, Samaa TV reported.
The journalist, who was barred from traveling abroad until the completion of inquiry, refused to appear before the committee.
Separately, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar defended his decision to place Cyril Almeida on ECL.
“I have invited APNS, PFUJ and CPNE representatives for a meeting on Friday to discuss the issue,” he said, adding that journalist would be questioned if he was still standing by his story, which was inaccurate in the first place.
- Success story of Samantha McGregor, her plans for imminent reform12:31 AM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Late Paul Walker's daughter may appear in Fast & Furious 10: Vin ...11:44 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- India launches probe into fake Covid tests at Kumbh Mela11:23 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan Army soldier martyred in terrorist attack near Turbat airport10:52 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- KP becomes first province in Pakistan to conduct 5G trials10:04 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- TikToker Mian Kashif arrested for fraud with Ertugrul star (VIDEO)08:46 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- Sanam Saeed agrees with Riz Ahmed's stance on Muslim ...05:56 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- Egyptian siblings earn 5 Guinness World Records including largest ...05:14 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021