Almeida refuses to record statement
Prime Minister House and Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif called the report as fabricated.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif directed the interior ministry to hold an inquiry to determine who leaked the report.
Federal Minister for Climate Change Zahid Hamid, who is head of the inquiry committee, twice contacted Mr Almeida and asked him to record his statement, Samaa TV reported.
The journalist, who was barred from traveling abroad until the completion of inquiry, refused to appear before the committee.
Separately, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar defended his decision to place Cyril Almeida on ECL.
“I have invited APNS, PFUJ and CPNE representatives for a meeting on Friday to discuss the issue,” he said, adding that journalist would be questioned if he was still standing by his story, which was inaccurate in the first place.
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Indian numerologist comes up with a ‘cure’ for coronavirus09:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Miss Mexico Andrea Meza crowned Miss Universe 202105:43 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021