A Bullet Train Alongside Motorway From Peshawar to Karachi? What is Javed Afridi up to?
ISLAMABAD – It appears that Pakistani businessman Javed Afridi is partnering with the Chinese to launch the country’s first bullet train.
In a series of tweets on Thursday, Afridi proposed construction of a bullet train alongside the Motorway from Peshawar to Karachi.
The owner of Peshawar Zalmi also shared some basic information about the bullet train’s speed that will reduce the travel time massively.
“Peshawar To Karachi”— Javed Afridi (@JAfridi10) January 13, 2021
1,872 km (1,163 mi)
350 km/h (217 mph)
5hours & 30mins https://t.co/ehVa1a1zS7
Afridi said the track will be 1,872 kilometers long while the operating speed will be 350 km per hour and it will cover the distance in 5 hours and 30 minutes.
The CEO of Haier Pakistan and the man behind Zalmi Foundation is also a key stakeholder in MG Motors in Pakistan that recently launched its compact SUV MG-HS and has revealed its plans to launch more cars including MG-ZS 1.5, MG ZS EV, pick-up truck MG-Extender and SUV RX8.
- Pakistan unveils reform package for civil services to uplift ...07:56 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Free passport for all Pakistanis soon, announces Sheikh Rasheed07:17 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Peshawar men send out marriage invites without bride’s consent, get ...06:46 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Pakistan's only SHO who leads Friday prayer in mosques (DP ...06:27 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- CDA takes possession of Sector C-14 Sarai Kharbouza in peaceful ...06:09 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Danish Taimoor pens down a heartfelt note for Ayeza Khan on 30th ...04:51 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- WATCH - Trailer of Hareem Shah's first web series released02:19 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Is Ertugrul famed Esra Bilgic in Peshawar?12:50 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021