A Bullet Train Alongside Motorway From Peshawar to Karachi? What is Javed Afridi up to?
ISLAMABAD – It appears that Pakistani businessman Javed Afridi is partnering with the Chinese to launch the country’s first bullet train.
In a series of tweets on Thursday, Afridi proposed construction of a bullet train alongside the Motorway from Peshawar to Karachi.
The owner of Peshawar Zalmi also shared some basic information about the bullet train’s speed that will reduce the travel time massively.
“Peshawar To Karachi”— Javed Afridi (@JAfridi10) January 13, 2021
1,872 km (1,163 mi)
350 km/h (217 mph)
5hours & 30mins https://t.co/ehVa1a1zS7
Afridi said the track will be 1,872 kilometers long while the operating speed will be 350 km per hour and it will cover the distance in 5 hours and 30 minutes.
The CEO of Haier Pakistan and the man behind Zalmi Foundation is also a key stakeholder in MG Motors in Pakistan that recently launched its compact SUV MG-HS and has revealed its plans to launch more cars including MG-ZS 1.5, MG ZS EV, pick-up truck MG-Extender and SUV RX8.
- First PIA flight to Oman’s Salalah airport receives water cannon ...07:05 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- ‘Historic moment’ – Islamabad airport handles first cargo for ...06:29 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Social media reacts to whooping hike in petrol price in Pakistan05:26 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- TECNO successfully completes Islamabad matches for the PUBG Campus ...04:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi all praise for co-stars Bilal Abbas Khan and Sajal Aly10:48 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021
- Celebrities who are gifted athletes05:57 PM | 5 Sep, 2021