NAB arrests PTI's provincial minister Sibtain Khan
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf lawmaker hails from PM Imran Khan’s hometown, Mianwali and was elected from PP-88 in the 2018 elections.
According to NAB officials, Sibtain illegally awarded contracts of 500 tonnes of raw iron in Chiniot in 2007 to Earth Resource Pvt Ltd when he was serving as the minister of mines and minerals during Chaudhry Pervez Elahi’s Punjab government.
The anti-graft watchdog stated that the contract was awarded despite the company having no previous experience in mining.
NAB further elaborated that the Punjab Mines Department denied considering any other company during the bidding process. The mines department had only contributed 20 per cent to the said project, thus making the joint venture illegal, NAB added.
Sibtain Khan will be presented before an accountability court tomorrow.
- PM Imran vows to run collective campaign against blasphemous ...01:03 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Physical classes for grade 9 to 12 resume across Pakistan12:02 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran breaks ground for Margalla Avenue project (VIDEO)11:41 AM | 19 Apr, 2021
- realme Sets its Sights to Capture Infinity with the all new realme 8 ...11:17 AM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Religious groups to observe countrywide strike today in support with ...10:57 AM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021