NAB arrests PTI's provincial minister Sibtain Khan
LAHORE - The National Accountability Bureau arrested Punjab Forest Minister Sibtain Khan on Friday for allegedly awarding contracts to his favourite companies, the officials said.
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf lawmaker hails from PM Imran Khan’s hometown, Mianwali and was elected from PP-88 in the 2018 elections.
According to NAB officials, Sibtain illegally awarded contracts of 500 tonnes of raw iron in Chiniot in 2007 to Earth Resource Pvt Ltd when he was serving as the minister of mines and minerals during Chaudhry Pervez Elahi’s Punjab government.
The anti-graft watchdog stated that the contract was awarded despite the company having no previous experience in mining.
NAB further elaborated that the Punjab Mines Department denied considering any other company during the bidding process. The mines department had only contributed 20 per cent to the said project, thus making the joint venture illegal, NAB added.
Sibtain Khan will be presented before an accountability court tomorrow.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020