NAB arrests PTI's provincial minister Sibtain Khan
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf lawmaker hails from PM Imran Khan’s hometown, Mianwali and was elected from PP-88 in the 2018 elections.
According to NAB officials, Sibtain illegally awarded contracts of 500 tonnes of raw iron in Chiniot in 2007 to Earth Resource Pvt Ltd when he was serving as the minister of mines and minerals during Chaudhry Pervez Elahi’s Punjab government.
The anti-graft watchdog stated that the contract was awarded despite the company having no previous experience in mining.
NAB further elaborated that the Punjab Mines Department denied considering any other company during the bidding process. The mines department had only contributed 20 per cent to the said project, thus making the joint venture illegal, NAB added.
Sibtain Khan will be presented before an accountability court tomorrow.
- 4th PGA Ladies Amateur Golf Championship concludes08:53 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- PM Imran announces Pakistan's bravery award for man who tried saving ...08:35 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Coca Cola Super League Polo: Zacky Farms win another title08:02 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Punjab governor draws world's attention to humanitarian crisis in ...07:33 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Corps Commander Polo Cup sponsored by Diamond Paints: Remounts lift ...07:12 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Sara Ali Khan, Ranveer Singh win hearts with killer dance moves on ...05:15 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Hira Khan’s new dance video goes viral04:40 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars spotted dancing at celebrity wedding04:06 PM | 5 Dec, 2021