PTI govt to protect taxpayers money: Shahbaz Gill
Speaking at a press conference at the DGPR here, he said that a committee of the government would look into the matter related to bill passed by the Punjab Assembly regarding increase in salary of the PA members.
He said that the bill presented by an opposition lawmaker was unanimously approved by the house.
Dr Shahbaz said Prime Minister Imran Khan, Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar and some members of the Punjab cabinet had also expressed reservations over increase in salaries.
"I personally think that time to raise salaries of the lawmakers was not appropriate despite the fact that intent of the House in passing the bill was not wrong", he said.
The advisor said that it was also a fact that member of the assembly could not meet his/her expenses in current salary and perks. After the bill, salary of an MPA would be equal to one of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly member.
To a question, he said that Prime Minister Imran Khan took an initiative to set-up shelter homes at various cities to facilitate the poor and needy, adding that now the facility would be extended to all hospitals of the province.
He said that Punjab government would continue following the vision of Prime Minister Imran Khan to serve people.
He said workers were real asset of the party and the government would not disappoint them and the masses who had voted the PTI to power.
- COAS Bajwa condoles demise of ANP’s Begum Naseem Wali Khan06:31 PM | 17 May, 2021
- realme 8 Pro comes as the Super-fast Charging Phone from the brand06:09 PM | 17 May, 2021
- PM Imran, Malaysia’s Mahathir for urgent steps to halt Israeli ...05:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021