HAJ-2015: 71,000 intending pilgrims selected via computerized balloting
Minister for Religious Affairs, Interfaith Harmony, Sardar Muhammad Yousuf conducted the balloting held at the Committee Room of the Ministry of Religious Affairs.
The selection has been based on groups consisting from one to fourteen pilgrims.
The minister announced the names of first aspirants, who have been selected in balloting included the group of Muhammad Mansha from Mandi Bahauddin, followed by Abdul Salam from Shangla and Mubarak from Lahore.
The list of successful pilgrims would be put on the ministry website by 9 pm Thursday. The applicants can check their names by clicking their application numbers.
The successful aspirants would also be intimated through a letter and Short Messaging Services (SMS) on their mobile phones. The successful applicants can also check their names by visiting their respective banks.
The rejected applicants can take their money back from respective banks.
A record of around 270,000 applications had been received under the Government Scheme, which shows people's trust.
The balloting was conducted in collaboration with Punjab Information Technical Board.
Talking to media, Sardar Muhammad Yousaf said, first time the online transparent balloting was conducted.
The PML-N government is committed to facilitate the Hajj pilgrim with its best arrangements, Minister said.
A total number of 143,368 aspirants will perform the Hajj this year, half under the government scheme and half through private operators.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 06 May 202108:49 AM | 6 May, 2021
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Watch: Filling station worker douses ‘robbers’ with fuel11:21 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Salman Khan and Disha Patani sizzle in Radhe title track10:07 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021