Sajal Aly's film 'Mom' is a hit in China
LAHORE - The movie Mom, which stars Sridevi, Sajal Aly, Nawazuddin Siddiqui & Akshaye Khanna released in China last Friday and is doing great at the box office. The great news is that it has Sajal in one of the main roles.
Mom was released across 38,500 screens in China by Zee Studios International. It is directed by Ravi Udyawar.
Sridevi is shown as a courageous mother who brings justice to her step-daughter (played by Sajal Aly) who was gang-raped.
The film has a good storyline with a great impactful message.
It was widely appreciated in India and Pakistan when it initially released on July 7, 2017. Sridevi even received the National Award for Best Actress posthumously that year.
‘Mom’ fetched positive reviews at the time of its release in India and now it has impressed the audience in China as well.
However, the film’s weekend numbers could not compete Pakistani star Saba Qamar’s Bollywood debut Hindi Medium which was released in China last year in April.
It has however left behind Indian films like Padman, Sultan and Thugs of Hindostan with its opening numbers.
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Two Pakistan High commission officials asked to leave India in 24 ...10:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- ‘History in Making’ — Pakistani plane flies directly to US for ...10:07 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Petrol price slashed by Rs7.06 per litre in Pakistan09:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Abrar Ul Haq tests positive for COVID-1908:32 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020