Sajal Aly's film 'Mom' is a hit in China
Mom was released across 38,500 screens in China by Zee Studios International. It is directed by Ravi Udyawar.
Sridevi is shown as a courageous mother who brings justice to her step-daughter (played by Sajal Aly) who was gang-raped.
The film has a good storyline with a great impactful message.
It was widely appreciated in India and Pakistan when it initially released on July 7, 2017. Sridevi even received the National Award for Best Actress posthumously that year.
‘Mom’ fetched positive reviews at the time of its release in India and now it has impressed the audience in China as well.
However, the film’s weekend numbers could not compete Pakistani star Saba Qamar’s Bollywood debut Hindi Medium which was released in China last year in April.
It has however left behind Indian films like Padman, Sultan and Thugs of Hindostan with its opening numbers.
- MDCAT 2020: FIA busts gang involved in 'paper leak'12:00 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Eight shot dead over land dispute in KP11:10 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Ex-PM Gillani’ son among 30 PDM workers arrested in Multan10:39 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...08:34 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 29 November 202008:30 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020