Pakistan marks Palestine Day as Israeli forces escalate fight with air, ground attacks on Gaza Strip
Protests and demonstrations were carried out across Pakistan on Friday to show solidarity with the people of Palestine that is under attack from Israeli forces.
Pakistanis marked the day as Palestine Day and protests were held by the ruling PTI, Jamat-e-Islami (JI) in different cities including Lahore, Multan.
People strongly condemned the ongoing Israeli airstrikes on Gaza where more than 100 people have lost their lives.
They also urged the international community to take notice of Israeli atrocities against people of Palestine.
During a PTI-organised protest in Lahore, party leader Ijaz Chaudhry said innocent Palestinian children were killed by Israeli forces. He also called for joint strategy to curb the Israeli aggression.
The causalities in Palestine are on a constant rise as Israeli attacks enter the fifth day with no sign of abating.
According to the latest figures from Palestine health officials, at least 115 people, including 29 minors, have been killed in Israeli airstrikes while 7 Israeli succumbed to injuries during retaliation from Hamas.
On Thursday, Israel PM Netanyahu threatening to launch a ground operation in Gaza said his government is massing troops along the Gaza frontier amid heavy bombardment in the region.
According to Al-Arabyia, Israeli aircraft targetted the Gaza Strip homes what they claimed of high-ranking Hamas commanders.
“Israeli warplanes bombed the homes of the deputy commander of the Al-Qassam Brigades, Marwan Issa, and commander, Ayman Nofal, in the Al-Bureij refugee camp in Gaza City,” Qatar-based Al Araby TV reports.
Meanwhile, Israeli tanks on Friday fired warning shots toward several people after the crossed the border into Israel from Lebanon to register protest against ongoing Israeli aggression.
BREAKING: A short while ago, IDF tanks fired warning shots toward a number of rioters who crossed from Lebanon into Israeli territory.— Israel Defense Forces (@IDF) May 14, 2021
The suspects sabotaged the fence and set a fire in the area before returning to Lebanese territory.
"BREAKING: A short while ago, IDF tanks fired warning shots toward a number of rioters who crossed from Lebanon into Israeli territory. The suspects sabotaged the fence and set a fire in the area before returning to Lebanese territory," the IDF tweeted.
Pakistan stands with Palestine, PM Imran tells ... 05:50 PM | 13 May, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has reaffirmed Pakistan's steadfast support for the rights of Palestinian ...
- Indian villagers set up 'Corona Mata' temple to ward off deadly virus01:08 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- USAID provides more anti-Covid assistance to Pakistan10:53 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan values UK’s balanced role in global, regional affairs: ...09:50 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- On this day in 2017, Pakistan defeated India to win maiden ICC ...09:06 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- AJK minister quits PML-N to join PTI ahead of July 25 polls08:41 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma spotted enjoying English summer05:55 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Take a tour of Meesha Shafi's Canadian bungaloft04:36 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021