180 Pakistanis stranded in India to reach home on Thursday
LAHORE - India will repatriate around 180 Pakistani nationals stranded there because of the lockdown, The Hindu reported on Wednesday.
This is the first time in recent weeks that India has made the special gesture for Pakistan’s citizens who were stuck here like people of other countries after India had stopped international air travel in March, the newspaper added.
“The Ministry of External Affairs is facilitating the return of foreign nationals presently in India to their countries. These include those of Pakistan. We understand from the High Commission of Pakistan that 18 of their nationals presently in India want to go back,” said a source who is coordinating the issue with it.
Pakistan High Commission said medical tourists, attendants, family members, and pilgrims are among the citizens stranded since March 24. They said the number of those seeking its help to return home has been increasing daily after Prime Minister Narendra Modi had extended the lockdown. “The number was 180 till Tuesday but it increased to 188 today,” said a source.
The official said around 40 citizens would cross the Wagah border on Thursday and the rest would follow soon.
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 69,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,483 confirmed ...10:19 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020