NAB summons ex-PM Gillani over alleged misuse of power
ISLAMABAD - The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has summoned former prime minister Yousaf Raza Gilani in a case related to misuse of authority regarding the appointment of Yousuf Baig Mirza as managing director of state-run television.
The Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) stalwart has been ordered to appear before the investigators of anti-graft watchdog on Monday, . He is likely to be quizzed oabout Mirza’s perks and benefits as the MD of Pakistan Television (PTV).
The development comes a month after Mirza resigned from his post as the special assistant to the Prime Minister on media affairs, citing ‘personal reasons’. He served in the position of special assistant for almost a year.
- Gold price surges by Rs50 per tola in Pakistan10:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan successfully completes trial of Chinese herbal medicine for ...10:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 316-run target for Zimbabwe09:47 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Kazakhstan ambassador meets COAS Bajwa, hails Pakistan’s role in ...09:22 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Ayesha Omar spotted enjoying vacations in Dubai04:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021