NAB summons ex-PM Gillani over alleged misuse of power
ISLAMABAD - The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has summoned former prime minister Yousaf Raza Gilani in a case related to misuse of authority regarding the appointment of Yousuf Baig Mirza as managing director of state-run television.
The Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) stalwart has been ordered to appear before the investigators of anti-graft watchdog on Monday, . He is likely to be quizzed oabout Mirza’s perks and benefits as the MD of Pakistan Television (PTV).
The development comes a month after Mirza resigned from his post as the special assistant to the Prime Minister on media affairs, citing ‘personal reasons’. He served in the position of special assistant for almost a year.
- President Alvi passes Parents Protection Ordinance 202108:50 PM | 8 May, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Pakistan on top after Abid Ali hits maiden double ton08:00 PM | 8 May, 2021
- PM Imran and wife Bushra walk barefoot to Masjid-e-Nabwi (VIDEO)07:17 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Prime suspect in British-Pakistani woman's murder case surrenders to ...06:35 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi recalls how she broke 12 bones in an accident (VIDEO)05:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Here's what Hina Altaf said about Aagha Ali before marriage (VIDEO)05:41 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Mahira Khan all set to hit Indian screens again04:39 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021