No body-shaming: This photo of a beautiful Queen who was loved dearly by her King shows how beauty standards have changed over time
Curious pictures of the harem of Nasser al-Din Shah Qajar, who ruled in Iran in the late 19th century, are changing stereotypes of old beauty standards. In our review you can see the beauties of the harem of the Iranian shah.
By the photos can be seen the taste of the Iranian monarch - all women are complete , with fused bushy eyebrows and clearly visible mustache . It is clearly seen that women do not suffer from hunger and are not burdened with physical work.
Nasser al-Din Shah Qajar - Shah of Iran was the fourth power in 1848 and ruled for 47 years. His reign was the longest in the 3000-year history of Iran.
One of the many passions of Shah Qajar was a photography. In childhood he liked to take pictures, and when he came to power, decided to establish in his palace the first official photo studio.
In the 1870s in Tehran russian photographer Anton Sevryugin opened his photo-atelier , Anton Sevryugin became court photographer of Iranian ruler. Sevryugin created a chronicle of Iran and for his services was awarded the honorary title.
The photographer could shoot only Shah, his male relatives, courtiers and servants. And for a Qajar, an ardent fan of the photo,shah left the right to take photos of his harem, in which according to the testimony of historians there were about 100 concubines.
Extraordinariness of photos of his concubines is that Shiite law at that time was not permissible to shoot the faces of people, and especially faces of women. And only the most powerful man in the country could afford to break the law.
Looking at the photos of the ladies of the harem, you feel that they look quite modern for their time , as women behave steadily calm in front of the camera.
Photos of women challenged the conventional view of life in the harem - the wives of shah look quite modern for its time and self-confident, they quietly look into the camera lens and not
- SnackVideo and PUBG Hashtag Challenge was a Brilliant Success10:42 AM | 9 Dec, 2021
- LHC acquits blasphemy convict after 11 years in jail10:26 AM | 9 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan reports first confirmed case of new coronavirus variant ...09:58 AM | 9 Dec, 2021
- Aisam Qureshi inaugurates PTF's JTI Program at DPS09:47 AM | 9 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan's active COVID cases drop below 10,000 after one year09:26 AM | 9 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars condemn Faisalabad incident08:42 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021