Can't arrest Zardari, Murad on any minister's wish: NAB chief
ISLAMABAD - The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) stated that former president Asif Ali Zardari, Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah and Member of Sindh Assembly Faryal Talpur could not be apprehended on the desire of any minister.
The anti-corruption watchdog on Wednesday released an official statement after Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry reiterated his demand to arrest senior PPP leadership.
The national anti-graft watchdog said it had not yet received certified copies of the decision of Supreme Court (SC). The law would take its own course of action in the light of SC judgment, it added.
Outrightly rejecting the impression of lackadaisical approach in that regard, the anti-graft watchdog said it always believed in working under the purview of law and Constitution of the country as time and care was needed to resolve complex legal issues.
"NAB has decided to seek transcripts of media interviews and statements of a federal minister regarding the ongoing case in NAB from Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) for the in-depth review of the minister's demand from NAB to seek pardon for filing the case, closing and withdrawing the case," the statement added.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019