Man's eyes gouged out with spoon by his father & brothers for planning to marry girlfriend
But shortly after the meeting, Abdul was attacked by his father Dost Muhammad, 70, and his four brothers.
They held down Abdul and gouged out both of his eyes from their sockets with a spoon and cut the veins with a knife.
They locked his mother in another room so that she could not intervene and save her son.
Abdul, who is being treated in hospital, said his father attacked him three hours after he made the engagement proposal.
He said: “I was taken to a room by my father and four brothers where they tied me to a bed and started taking out my eyes.
"I kept shouting at them what were they doing? But they didn't listen to my pleas."
Baqi told how his father used a spoon to blind him for life.
He said: "My father used the back of a spoon to take out my first eye. I saw my eye dangling out of the socket.
“He then used a knife to cut the veins.
"When they removed my first eye, I requested them to leave me now but they didn't listen to me at all and removed the other one as well.
"After they finished, I pleaded to them to please kill me now but they replied they want me to be an example for other boys in the village."
Abdul was rushed to a government-run hospital in Quetta by his other siblings, who were informed by neighbours about the disturbing assault.
He was immediately referred to Karachi's Jinnah Post Graduate Medical Centre.
Baqi's father and two brothers have been arrested while police are still hunting his other two siblings.
- British lawmakers laud Pakistan’s role in Afghanistan peace process08:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan issues visas to Indian pilgrims to visit Hindu shrine in ...07:53 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Shaheen Afridi named in top 5 in new ICC Test rankings06:43 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Sarah Khan and Falak Shabir's new romantic video goes viral05:23 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Syra Yousuf spills the beans about co-parenting and divorce06:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2021