Man's eyes gouged out with spoon by his father & brothers for planning to marry girlfriend
QUETTA - A young man’s eyes were gouged with a spoon by his own father and brothers because he wanted to marry a woman of his own choice.
But shortly after the meeting, Abdul was attacked by his father Dost Muhammad, 70, and his four brothers.
They held down Abdul and gouged out both of his eyes from their sockets with a spoon and cut the veins with a knife.
They locked his mother in another room so that she could not intervene and save her son.
Abdul, who is being treated in hospital, said his father attacked him three hours after he made the engagement proposal.
He said: “I was taken to a room by my father and four brothers where they tied me to a bed and started taking out my eyes.
"I kept shouting at them what were they doing? But they didn't listen to my pleas."
Baqi told how his father used a spoon to blind him for life.
He said: "My father used the back of a spoon to take out my first eye. I saw my eye dangling out of the socket.
“He then used a knife to cut the veins.
"When they removed my first eye, I requested them to leave me now but they didn't listen to me at all and removed the other one as well.
"After they finished, I pleaded to them to please kill me now but they replied they want me to be an example for other boys in the village."
Abdul was rushed to a government-run hospital in Quetta by his other siblings, who were informed by neighbours about the disturbing assault.
He was immediately referred to Karachi's Jinnah Post Graduate Medical Centre.
Baqi's father and two brothers have been arrested while police are still hunting his other two siblings.
- Shaheen Al Jazeera 2019: Navies of Pakistan, Bahrain conclude ...10:36 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Sleep Expo Middle East announces first-ever industry award07:48 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Shahzain Bugti takes early lead in NA-259 re-polling, show initial ...07:10 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- AIOU sets up nine new offices at less-developed regions06:47 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Mira Sethi marries childhood friend02:42 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019