COAS arrives in Washington on 5-day visit
The US Secretary of State John Kerry, National Security Adviser (NSA) to US President Ms. Susan Rice, General Raheel’s counterpart General Mark A Milley and Chiefs of Staff General Joseph Dunn would be among his interlocutor during his stay in Washington.
According to Director General Inter Service Public Relations (ISPR), Lieutenant General Asim Bajwa, the Army Chief will then visit Brazil for three days.
General Raheel will also spend a day with Pak soldiers in Ivory Coast UN Peace Keeping mission, the DG ISPR added.
The visit is taking place on the invitation of US military leadership and it would encompass military-to-military ties and review of up-and-coming regional security situation as Pakistan is fully cognizant of fast emerging new regional realities.
Exchange of the views between the military leadership of the two countries is the hallmark of the visit where overall security spectrum of bilateral concern is discussed in candid manner.
The military leaders discuss important subjects like high level mutual visits, training of the personnel and joint exercises in the course of deliberations.
The General will have hectic engagements during his stay in the United States, the sources added.
- Pakistan to introduce Asia's first ever e-passport service next year11:58 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Olaf Scholz takes over as German chancellor11:40 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Aurangabad 'honour killing': Indian teen arrested for beheading ...11:19 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Indian lover crashes ex-girlfriend's wedding ceremony in viral video11:03 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars condemn Faisalabad incident08:42 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021