PM Imran assures support for HC bench in Faisalabad
In a meeting with elected representatives from the city on Monday, the premier observed that Faisalabad had been an important industrial city, regretting that in the past, no attention was paid to its uplift and resolution of public issues.
The prime minister also directed the lawmakers to ensure implementation of public welfare and other social uplift projects and assured them that the Punjab chief minister Usman Buzdar would be directed to resolve issues of their constituencies.
The premier said the incumbent regime was formed as the result of the most organized and effective public movement and its objectives were to ensure real public welfare, progress, and economic prosperity.
The elected members informed the prime minister about public issues, development projects, job opportunities for the youth and proposals for equitable profit to the farmers.
PM Khan also formed a seven-member committee comprising members of the national and provincial assemblies from Faisalabad Division to ensure resolution of public issues.
The premier stressed upon keeping constant contacts with the people and assured the federal government’s complete support.
Those who called on the prime minister included Chaudhry Mohammad Asim Nazir, Nawab Shair, Raza Nasrullah Ghuman, Khurram Shahzad, Farrukh Habib, Faizullah, Riaz Ahmed, Riaz Fatyana, Mohammad Mehboob Sultan, Mohammad Amir Sultan, Ghulam Bibi Bharwana, Syed Faizul ul Hassan, Haji Imtiaz Ahmed Chaudhry, Chaudhry Shaukat Ali Bhatti, Tashfeen Safdar Chaudhry and Wajih Akram.
Let it be known that the lawyers have been demanding the establishment of high court benches in different regions; lawyers have been demanding a circuit bench in 'Pakistan's Manchester' and had also threatened to stage a countrywide protest in case their demands are not met.
A full-court comprising all the LHC judges had resolved in 2016 that there was no need to create more permanent regional benches.
- Two Pakistanis among four Muslims killed in fresh US ‘hate’ ...11:51 AM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Arshad Nadeem awarded international scholarship for Paris Olympics ...11:36 AM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Four Pakistani soldiers martyred in North Waziristan suicide attack10:23 AM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani mountaineer Shehroze Kashif sets new world record09:51 AM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Ashura 2022 – President Alvi, PM Shehbaz pay tribute to Hazrat Imam ...09:16 AM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Sana Javed delights fans with stunning pictures05:51 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Unstoppable at 79: Amitabh Bachchan all set to star in 'Uunchai'10:28 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Sonya Hussayn gears up for empowered character in new project09:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022