Farooq Sattar released after brief arrest: reports
Sattar was arrested from the Sharae Faisal area of Karachi while he was on his way to a private wedding function. The anti-terrorism court had declared the MQM leader as an absconder, Dawn News reported.
Sattar was shifted to Chakiwara Police Station and was expected to be presented before a court in the morning.
Sattar along with others was charged with listening to, organising and facilitating a speech made by Altaf Hussain in which he spoke against the military establishment and security agencies.
Hussain was also accused of inciting MQM workers to attack the offices of two media houses in the same speech.
- Man accused of blasphemy walks free after 10 years in jail12:21 PM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan slips 16 positions to 140th in corruption perception index ...10:46 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Tariq Mahmood-ul-Hassan appointed PM’s aide on overseas Pakistanis09:49 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan reports 6,357 new Covid-19 cases, active infections soar to ...09:26 AM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Coke Studio 14: Twitter reacts to Atif Aslam and Momina Mustehsan’s ...07:20 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Shaista Lodhi's dance video goes viral05:25 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Ramsha Khan and Ahad Mir pair up for an upcoming Ramadan play06:15 PM | 24 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021