MQM Pakistan leader Farooq Sattar arrested over hate speech
Sattar was arrested from the Sharae Faisal area of Karachi while he was on his way to a private wedding function. The anti-terrorism court had declared the MQM leader as an absconder, Dawn News reported.
According to media reports, non-bailable arrest warrants had already been issued for Sattar, and that he would soon be shifted to a police station.
Sattar along with others was charged with listening to, organising and facilitating a speech made by Altaf Hussain in which he spoke against the military establishment and security agencies.
Hussain was also accused of inciting MQM workers to attack the offices of two media houses in the same speech.
- Southern Command War Games: Pakistan Army chief visits Multan Garrison10:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Gold price drops by Rs550 per tola in Pakistan10:35 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- India hosts first Central Asia summit with focus on Afghanistan10:19 PM | 27 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021