4th ODI: England seal series win over Pakistan
Roy struck 114 from 89 balls, piling on 201 runs for the first two wickets, while Pakistan’s fielding was coming apart at the seams.
Stokes, with an unbeaten 71 from 64 balls – one of five fours and three sixes – marshalled partnerships of 42 with Joe Denly and 59 alongside Curran, before taking England over the line with Adil Rashid for company for a three-wicket win with three balls to spare.
Pakistan earlier set a massive target of 340 runs for England at the Trent Bridge.
England won the toss and invited Pakistan to bat first in the encounter.
Babar Azam scored 115 runs off 112 balls while Muhammad Hafeez contributed 59 to the total.
England leads the series 2-0 in the five-match series after they beat Pakistan by six wickets to win the third ODI at Bristol.
The match started at 05:00 pm (PST).
For live coverage click here.
England win the toss and elect to bowl first in the 4th #ENGvPAK ODI at Trent Bridge.
Three changes in our Playing XI today.
— Pakistan Cricket (@TheRealPCB) May 17, 2019
Earlier, England beat Pakistan by 12 runs in a thrilling second ODI. The first match between the two sides ended due to rain.
England will be without the services of skipper Eoin Morgan who was suspended for one ODI and fined 40 per cent of his match fee for maintaining a slow over-rate during the third ODI.
In Morgan’s absence, Jos Buttler will come back to lead the side while Jofra Archer can be expected to return to the side after sitting out of the third ODI.
On the other hand, Pakistan can bring veteran batsman Shoaib Malik into the side who joined the team ahead of the second ODI. Haris Sohail is likely to make way for him. Faheem Ashraf who has yet to impress in the series could sit with Mohammad Hasnain getting a chance.
England: Jason Roy, Jonny Bairstow, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, Moeen Ali, Jos Buttler(w/c), Joe Denly, Chris Woakes, David Willey, Tom Curran, Liam Plunkett, James Vince, Chris Jordan, Mark Wood, Adil Rashid, Jofra Archer
Pakistan: Imam-ul-Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Haris Sohail, Sarfaraz Ahmed(w/c), Asif Ali, Imad Wasim, Faheem Ashraf, Hasan Ali, Shaheen Afridi, Junaid Khan, Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Hafeez, Yasir Shah, Abid Ali, Mohammad Hasnain
- Quddus Bizenjo to be elected Balochistan CM unopposed as PTI’s Rind ...08:28 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Lulusar Polo in Pink 2021: Guard Group qualify for main final07:59 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- PU discontinues Master’s degree programme07:34 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran summons National Security Committee meeting amid protests07:17 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup – Australia win toss, elect to field first against ...06:55 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Katrina Kaif denies rumoured wedding to Vicky Kaushal05:45 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Imran Ashraf and Sadia Khan's latest BTS video goes viral05:00 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Momina Mustehsan leaves everyone awestruck with her melodious voice05:20 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021