Pakistani soldier dies defusing bomb in North Waziristan Agency
Lance Havaldar Irfan Ali was trying to defuse the bomb detected by a team of Pakistan Army near Datta Khel during a routine scanning, according to the ISPR.
The soldier’s body was sent to his home town.
North Waziristan is the northern part of Waziristan, a mountainous region of northwest Pakistan, bordering Afghanistan and covering 11,585 square kilometres.
Over the weekend, at least two Frontier Corps (FC) personnel were martyred and 12 injured in a cross-border skirmish along the Pak-Afghan border.
Five FC soldiers martyred in cross-border attack ... 02:38 PM | 15 Apr, 2018
PESHAWAR - At least five security official were martyred in an attack from Afghanistan near the border in Lower Kurram ...
Originating from Afghanistan’s Khost province, the Saturday night’s attack targeted FC troops conducting routine surveillance near the Laka Teega check-post in Lower Kurram Agency.
Pakistani forces responded on Sunday by opening fire along the border in a befitting manner.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa to hear contempt case against Fawad Chaudhry on ...10:36 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket squad leaves for Zimbabwe after successful South ...10:05 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Babar Azam’s ‘late glance’ shot is new sensation on social ...08:09 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021