FM Qureshi says war on terror will be taken to its logical conclusion
Speaking to the participants of National Security and War Course at National Defence University (NDU) on Tuesday, he said the government was trying to promote economic stability through inclusive growth and integrating with major regional initiatives and global economy.
According to a press release issued by the military's media wing, the minister asserted that the government was working to pursuing friendly and cooperative relations with all the countries, particularly with major powers and all immediate neighbours.
"The government was seeking a just durable and peacefully negotiated solution of the Kashmir dispute, turning Pakistan’s geo-strategic location into a geo-strategic asset, projecting the rightful image of Pakistan, cultural ethos and state policies, pursuing economic prosperity and growth through multifaceted partnerships and welfare of Pakistani diaspora abroad," Qureshi added.
The lawmaker also highlighted the contours of Pakistan’s foreign policy, challenges as well as opportunities adding that the incumbent regime was working to achieve the strategic objectives of Pakistan’s foreign policy.
The foreign minister expressed that while safeguarding sovereignty and territorial integrity of the state, the government was maintaining credible national security capabilities to deter aggression.
Pakistan had been a major victim of terrorism but through a collective effort of the security forces and resilient people of Pakistan, it had been able to get out of the menace successfully, he added.
Earlier in the day, Prime Minister Imran Khan had expressed that Pakistan would do everything to further the Afghan peace process.
Pakistan has helped in the dialogue between Taliban and the US in Abu Dhabi. Let us pray that this leads to peace and ends almost three decades of suffering of the brave Afghan people. Pakistan will be doing everything within its power to further the peace process.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) December 18, 2018
The premier had recently claimed to have organized the meeting between the US and Taliban.
- PM Imran congratulates newly-elected Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi10:12 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 — Islamabad United and Multan Sultans to fight it out ...08:18 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Matric students to prepare board exams through Exam Prep Master ...05:49 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Madhuri Dixit and Jaaved Jaaferi set the stage on fire with killer ...05:00 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas lands in hot waters after latest photoshoot04:06 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021