Army chief Qamar Bajwa, PM AJK discuss LoC situation
RAWALPINDI - Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa has stated that the Army is fully prepared and capable of responding to any threat from across the border.
He was talking to Prime Minister Azad Jammu and Kashmir Raja Farooq Haider Khan in Rawalpindi on Wednesday. The security situation on the Line of Control and other matters of mutual interest were the main points of discussion during the meeting.
According to the military’s media wing, “The prime minister thanked the COAS for Pakistan Army’s contributions towards security and development in AJK, particularly in the fields of education, health and communications infrastructure.”
Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa also met UAE Ambassador Essa Abdullah Albasha Alnoaimi. Talking to him, the army chief offered condolences over the loss of precious lives of UAE nationals in recent bomb blasts in Afghanistan.
They discussed matters pertaining to mutual interest. The Army Chief appreciated UAE's role in development projects in FATA and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The ambassador appreciated the role of Pakistan Army in the fight against terrorism and expressed UAE's desire to continue working with Pakistan for peace and stability in the region.
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan approaches 93,894 cases of coronavirus – 1,935 confirmed ...09:20 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pak army shot down yet another Indian spying quadcopter in Khanjar ...08:26 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020