Army chief Qamar Bajwa, PM AJK discuss LoC situation
RAWALPINDI - Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa has stated that the Army is fully prepared and capable of responding to any threat from across the border.
He was talking to Prime Minister Azad Jammu and Kashmir Raja Farooq Haider Khan in Rawalpindi on Wednesday. The security situation on the Line of Control and other matters of mutual interest were the main points of discussion during the meeting.
According to the military’s media wing, “The prime minister thanked the COAS for Pakistan Army’s contributions towards security and development in AJK, particularly in the fields of education, health and communications infrastructure.”
Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa also met UAE Ambassador Essa Abdullah Albasha Alnoaimi. Talking to him, the army chief offered condolences over the loss of precious lives of UAE nationals in recent bomb blasts in Afghanistan.
They discussed matters pertaining to mutual interest. The Army Chief appreciated UAE's role in development projects in FATA and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The ambassador appreciated the role of Pakistan Army in the fight against terrorism and expressed UAE's desire to continue working with Pakistan for peace and stability in the region.
- Malik Riaz refutes allegations leveled against him in Uzma Khan ...02:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020