Saulat Mirza’s execution deferred for 72 hours
According to detail, former Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) worker's hanging was shelved for three days after he had shown some of the deadly cards on TV channels he had so far been keeping close in a last-ditch bid to buy some more time, local TV channel Samaa reported.
"On the behest of party's London-based leader Altaf Hussain, Senator Babar Ghouri ordered the four of us to gun down the managing director of (formerly) Karachi Electric Supply Corporation --currently K-Electric-- Shahid Hamid," Mirza alleged in a rare statement issued from his death cell Wednesday night.
Begging pardon for his heinous crimes, Mirza, who had tears in his eyes, warned the party workers, sympathizers, and wannabe members, against falling in the wrong hands and the subsequent brainwashing.
"Today I have become an example for all those who are in the party or deliberating to join it. Let me tell you they use the workers as tissue papers and then throws them away. So open your eyes and do what is right," he said dubbing himself as other activists as expendables.
Mirza said that he did not want to be hanged without sharing with the authorities a hoard of information that could prove vital in bringing about peace in Karachi.
“I know a lot of things that can help the men of affairs restore calm in the metropolis,” said he.
Meanwhile, President Mamnoon Hussain in an emergent high-level meeting in the president house decided to put off Mirza's execution for 72 hours.
Earlier, local authorities had finalised arrangements to hang death row prisoner Saulat Mirza in Machh jail at Balochistan’s Bolan district.
The execution of Mirza had been fixed for today (Thursday).
According to Superintendent of Mach Prison, Ishaq Zehri, the family comprising wife, son and sister had also met him on Tuesday, ahead of two days his execution. “They met according to the procedure in the meeting area of prison with prisoner behind the bar,” Zehri said.
In April 2014, he was transferred to Machh jail death cell after his mercy plea was rejected by Sindh High Court and President of Pakistan.
Mirza will be sent to gallows on March 19 as ATC in Karachi has issued his ‘black warrants’.
- Pakistan among top 10 worst-affected countries on Global Terrorism ...12:05 AM | 5 Dec, 2020
- China becomes world's second nation to plant flag on Moon11:37 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Rahim Pardesi introduces both his wives to the world for the first ...10:46 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- ‘Kiss of death’: COVID-19 positive officer takes revenge on KMC ...10:17 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- realme and Daraz gear up for another Sale Daraz 12 1209:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Court trashes Mubashir Lucman’s petition against TikTok stars ...12:11 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Who's this girl Shahveer Jafry 'getting engaged to'?11:55 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020