PM Imran, CM Buzdar discuss politics including pay raise episode
According to sources, the CM Punjab informed the premier about his side of the story and told him that the decision to enhance the perks was made by the entire assembly. The meeting took place at the PM House in Islamabad.
Elaborating the matter, the chief minister informed the premier that he was fully satisfied with his vision of simplicity and austerity, the sources added.
During the meeting, CM Buzdar also discussed the overall political scenario of the province.
The Punjab Assembly increased the salaries, perks and privileges of its members to more than double in haste on Wednesday. The legislation also ensured perks for chief minister including a car and house till death subject to certain conditions.
The bill ended up as a unanimous bill since none of the members opposed it except PPP’s parliamentary leader Hasan Murtaza - though the house remains divided otherwise on matters of public importance.
However, the implementation of the bill was stopped after the prime minister expressed his disappointment over it on Twitter and advised Governor Punjab Muhammad Sarwar not to sign it.
PM Imran expresses disappointment over Punjab ... 01:21 PM | 14 Mar, 2019
LAHORE – Prime Minister Imran Khan has expressed disappointment over the recent decision made by Punjab Assembly to ...
The Prime Minister took to Twitter and wrote: “I am extremely disappointed by decision of Punjab Assembly to raise pays & privileges of MPAs, Ministers & esp CM.”
Minutes after the prime minister’s tweet, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry also slammed the Punjab Assembly’s decision and termed it a “sham exercise”.
Fawad said that “Seems Punjab Government and the CM House is in the dark about the PM and the federal government austerity policies otherwise such sham exercise of awarding huge benefits to themselves would not have happened.”
Recently PM Imran Khan's salary slip surfaced online, confirming that he draws less salary than ministers.
- Pakistan PM seeks ‘comprehensive strategy’ to curb violence12:57 AM | 7 Dec, 2021
- First time in history, Pakistan presents national security policy to ...12:35 AM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan Water Week 2021 kicks off to explore sustainable ways in a ...12:19 AM | 7 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan rejects reports of financial difficulties being faced by ...10:50 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat gearing up to host Bigg Boss themed reality show05:05 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- Hania Aamir's adorable video while playing with dog goes viral04:48 PM | 6 Dec, 2021
- 'Pawri girl' spotted having a fan moment with legendary singer Hadiqa ...03:00 PM | 6 Dec, 2021