8-year-old raped, strangled and dumped in Punjab village
Zawar, a student of class 4, had gone missing four days ago in Chicha Watni, some 40km from Sahiwal , when he left his home in Chak No. 46/12(L) to bring fodder. His father, Muhammad Ramzan informed the Okanwala Police a day after the child’s disappearance which followed an extensive search by the family and locals.
The pain and anger over the child’s disappearance was fuelled by the discovery of Zawar’s naked body in an open field near the house on Monday morning.
Initial investigation suggests the boy was raped before being strangled to death.
The victim family and residents held a protest demonstration, demanding immediate arrest of the responsible for the crime .
Police have taken two suspects into custody after registering a case.
The shocking incident, which happened in the hometown of PML-N's MNA Chaudhry Muhammad Munir Azhar, comes a month after another child was kidnapped, raped and murdered in Punjab’s Kasur city.
Zainab rape-murder: Angry protesters storm PML-N ... 03:55 PM | 11 Jan, 2018
KASUR - An enraged mob on Thursday stormed the residence-cum-office of local lawmaker over the brutal rape and murder ...
Her case was the twelfth such incident to occur within a 10 kilometre radius in the city over a 12-month period.
The Punjab government had declared her killer’s arrest on January 23.
Imran Ali, the prime suspect, was handed four counts of the death penalty, one life term, a 7-year jail term and Rs4.1 million in fines.
The verdict was announced at Lahore's Central Jail in Kot Lakhpat on Saturday.
Kasur rape-murder case: Zainab's killer awarded ... 01:15 PM | 17 Feb, 2018
LAHORE - An anti-terrorism court on Saturday found Imran Ali, prime accused in Zainab rape and murder in Kasur, guilty ...
Zainab’s parents have demanded that the execution of the death penalties be carried out in public.
The man faces further charges in the cases of at least seven other children he attacked - five of whom were murdered - in a spate of assaults that had stoked fears a serial child killer was on the loose. He has confessed to all eight attacks, including the death of Zainab.
- Pakistan condemns Indian CDS remarks about Kashmiri children09:17 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi, Pompeo discuss bilateral cooperation, regional security ...08:47 AM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan censures extremist mindset of Indian general11:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Lahore journalist remanded into FIA custody over anti-state social ...11:27 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019