Pakistani art gets representation at Venice Biennale for the first time
This is Pakistan’s first official entry into Venice Biennale 2019. Eminent artist Naiza Khan will be the exhibitor through the collection curated by Zahra Khan.
Naiza Khan’s work captures the experience of living and working in Karachi, where everyday life is affected by natural disaster, urban migration and political struggle. Khan’s practice includes paintings, sculptures, wall drawings, performance and video.
The Venice Biennale is an arts organization based in Venice and the name of the original and principal biennial exhibition the organization presents. The organization changed its name to the Art Biennale Foundation in 2009, while the exhibition is now called the Art Biennale to distinguish it from the organization and other exhibitions the Foundation organizes.
The Art Biennale is a contemporary visual art exhibition as it is held biennially (in odd-numbered years), is the original biennale on which others in the world have been modeled. The Biennale Foundation has a continuous existence supporting the arts as well as organizing separate events.
The Venice Biennale has been for over 120 years one of the most prestigious cultural institutions in the world, established in 1895.
The history of the La Biennale di Venezia dates back to 1985, when the first International Art Exhibition was organized.
In the 1930s new festivals were born: Music, Cinema, and Theatre (the Venice Film Festival in 1932 was the first film festival in history).
In 1980 the first International Architecture Exhibition took place, and in 1999 Dance made its debut at La Biennale.
La Biennale di Venezia will launch the 58th International Art Exhibition through an international press conferences tour, scheduled during the first two weeks of March 2019.
March 7 in Venice, in London on March 8, Paris- March 11, Berlin- March 12 and New York - March 15.
Speaking about the event, Jamal Shah said this event is not only an opportunity to display Pakistani art on such a big platform of international level, but it is also an attempt to project soft image of the country across the world. “Art is an international language that leaves deep impact on minds of people through soft expressions of visual and performing art. Such opportunities must be utilized to tell the world about the artistic expressions being practiced in this region which are contrary to extremism and terrorism,” he added.
- HSY, Feroze Khan discuss initiatives to combat harassment on Live ...08:18 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Northern’s Haider Ali trends on Twitter after blasting batting in ...06:42 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Public holiday announced on Friday in Sindh06:11 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Indian national held for crossing into Pakistan illegally, booked ...05:55 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Vice Admiral Amjad Niazi appointed new Pakistan Navy chief05:33 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Super well made: Anoushey Ashraf can’t stop praising ...04:35 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Rhea Chakraborty 'an active member of a drug syndicate:' NCB02:26 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020