India and Russia to develop 5th generation fighter jet
“As for the 5th generation (plane) - the work is underway. Stage one is over. Now we are discussing the second stage. And I think that in the near future, all decisions will be made and the contract documents will be signed,” the CEO told journalists at the MAKS 2017 Air Show.
Chemezov stressed the work was not going fast, as the task was very complicated.
The project comes as a part of a Russian-Indian cooperation deal sealed in October 2007.
Earlier this year, government sources in New Delhi confirmed all the preliminary work on the project, including critical issues, had been done.
“The contract for the detailed design would be signed soon, and that will be a major milestone. It should be signed in the second half of the year,” said a top official close to the negotiations with Russia said at the time.
The official had added that both countries are co-developers and India would have equal rights over the technology.
- Toll plaza staff beat up FIA officer for ‘not paying’ toll tax11:10 AM | 9 Mar, 2021
- WATCH – Peshawar Zalmi’s Darren Sammy hits the streets of Lahore ...10:40 AM | 9 Mar, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-March-09- Updated ...10:20 AM | 9 Mar, 2021
- ECP to hear PTI’s petition against Gilani’s notification today09:45 AM | 9 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan reports 1,353 new Covid-19 cases, 54 deaths09:00 AM | 9 Mar, 2021
- Tera Jism Meri Marzi – Ali Gul Pir and Eva B collaborate for ...07:40 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Aurat March 2021 aims to highlight bias in Pakistan’s healthcare ...08:40 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Netflix introduces 'Fast Laughs' for quick laughter10:57 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021