Ban on TLP will remain intact despite peace deal, says Fawad
ISLAMABAD – Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Chaudhry Fawad Hussain said on Tuesday the ban on the Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) could not be reversed, but the party could file an appeal against the government decision.
Briefing media persons outside the Parliament House about the federal cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan, Fawad said whatever was to be done, had to be within the ambit of the 1973 Constitution. He said the government had fulfilled its promise with the TLP by tabling a resolution in the National Assembly where a parliamentary procedure had to be adopted.
Fawad said the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) had objected to the text of the resolution seeking a debate on the TLP demand for expulsion of the French ambassador to Pakistan. Other parties had the right of disagreement and the government could not dictate them, he added.
"The government acts in accordance with the Constitution as a monarchy is not in place in the country," he remarked. The minister said that cases against those who attacked the police personnel and martyred five of them would not be withdrawn and they would have to face the courts.
TLP protests come to an end as Parliament votes ... 08:10 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
LAHORE – Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP), a proscribed outfit, has announced to end its central sit-in in Lahore ...
The minister said martyrdom of five policemen could not be forgotten as they sacrificed their lives in the line of duty. He said that 800 other personnel were attacked and wounded during the protests by the TLP. Those arrested under the Maintenance of Public Order could be released by the government, he added.
- Top British diplomat is collecting trash from Margalla Hills, and ...03:43 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Pakistan condemns Israeli forces’ attacks on worshippers in Al-Aqsa ...03:25 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Saheefa Jabbar criticises Ramadan transmissions amid rise in Covid ...02:57 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 1.2m doses of British vaccine AstraZeneca arrive in Pakistan02:32 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Govt to challenge LHC decision of removing Shehbaz’s name from ...01:57 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Video of Maya Ali playing street cricket in Karachi goes viral01:42 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Kangana Ranaut tests positive for coronavirus10:40 AM | 8 May, 2021
- Meet UAE's most followed social media star - Omar Hassan10:14 PM | 7 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021
- Tips to follow when walking for weight loss08:11 PM | 29 Apr, 2021