Saudi Arabia increases Pakistan's Haj quota to 200,000
Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi announced on Wednesday that the message in this regard was conveyed to him by his Saudi counterpart Adel Al-Jubeir during a telephonic conversation earlier in the day.
The minister confirmed that the decision has been conveyed to Minister for Religious Affairs, Noorul Haq Qadri.
Prime Minister Imran Khan and the Ministry of Religious Affairs had requested Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman to raise the quota from current 184,210 to 200,000 while he was on a two-day official visit to Islamabad earlier this week.
Saudi Prince Salman orders release of 2,107 ... 12:58 PM | 18 Feb, 2019
ISLAMABAD - Saudi Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman on Monday ordered the release of 2,107 Pakistani prisoners in Saudi ...
The crown prince was accorded a rousing welcome during his tour and where he signed memoranda of understanding worth about $20 billion.
Nishan-e-Pakistan, Pakistan's highest civil award was also conferred on the Saudi royal by President Arif Alvi.
The Crown Prince also announced to release as many as 2107 Pakistani prisoners confined in different jails of the kingdom.
The 33-year-old went back to Saudi Arabia following which he landed in India to sign agreements related to multiple sectors.
- Petroleum prices to remain same in March as PM Imran turns down Ogra ...04:40 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Dananeer Mobeen reacts to Ranveer Singh’s take on #PawriHoraiHai ...04:08 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan responds to US report of Jamal Khashoggi's killing, ...03:38 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- PSL 6 - Lahore Qalandars to face Karachi Kings today01:37 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Eight-year-old missing girl found ‘raped’, hanged in Attock01:28 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Bilal Saeed's 'Baari' crosses 100 million views milestone on Youtube08:56 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Indians boycott 'Spider-Man' over anti-Modi tweet11:41 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- 'Chaar Darkht' – Ali Gul Pir trolls India in #FantasticTeaDay video05:14 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021