What is COVID-19? The response of climate minister Zartaj Gul leaves everyone in tears
LAHORE - COVID-19 means that the Corona Virus has 19 points that can be applied to any country based on their level of immunity," says Federal Minister for Climate Change Zartaj Gul during a current affairs show on PTV News.
On Saturday night, as soon as this bizarre statement was aired, the people took Twitter and started criticizing the PTI leader and saying that the minister did not even know what it was.
The minister's novel definition of the virus stirred a storm on social media. Actually, COVID-19 means 'Coronavirus disease 2019'. The 'CO' in the word stands for corona, 'VI' for the virus and 'D' for the disease. Formerly, this disease was referred to as ‘2019 novel coronavirus’ or ‘2019-nCoV.’
Some angry netizens say, the federal government has been accused of failing to do enough to raise awareness about the coronavirus, which is making the epidemic uncontrollable. How true is this accusation against the government? This can be gauged from the interpretation of COVID-19 by the minister.
Please RT so that it reaches Zartaj Gul and she can stop embarrassing PTI voters. pic.twitter.com/iNfflIhNkv— Faisal Ahmad Jafri (@faisalahmadj) June 20, 2020
Corona Virus Zartaj Gul ka Interview sunte hoye: pic.twitter.com/qwuULOSiG4— Farrukh Shahzad Chauhan (@FarrukhFL) June 20, 2020
According to new research there are 19 points of Corona. Research head "Zartaj Gul"— Waseem Masood🇵🇰 (@waseemmasood1) June 20, 2020
If Zartaj Gul's ticket from the PTI was merit based, I really shudder at the thought of other candidates who were contenders for selection.— Mohammad Zaheer (@mzaheer88) June 20, 2020
The number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan rose to a total of 174,701, according to government data until Saturday night.
- Pakistan surpasses 259,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,477 confirmed ...07:47 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan minister tells reason behind reduction in coronavirus cases07:19 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Gold prices hit new high of Rs109,35007:07 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- K-Electric to face NAB inquiry over loadshedding, flouting agreement06:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Army chief offers help to Italy in fight against COVID-1906:32 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- YouTube takes down Hadiqa Kiani’s song about Kashmir02:43 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali experimenting with her cooking skills01:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Yasir Hussain is being subjected to online harassment & bullying: ...01:03 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020