PIA resumes Sialkot-Sharjah flights after one-year gap
The flight operation on the route has remained suspended for more than a year.
From Sialkot to Sharjah!— PIA (@Official_PIA) November 20, 2018
Offering a great round-trip package, flying for as low as PKR 24,000 only!
Flights starting once a week from 20th November 2018, book now!
Fly PIA to Sharjah
For bookings visit https://t.co/zzPi4NyCFA or call +92 021 111 786 786. #PIA #TravelDiaries pic.twitter.com/kdxaUnGsK2
PIA is now operating flights from Sialkot to Sharjah twice a week. The flights will be on Tuesday and Friday, bringing a total of five flights to Sharjah as three flights are already operating from Turbat.
PIA president and CEO Air Marshal Arshad Malik said the turnaround and revival of the national flag carrier was now necessary and the government was extending all-out support in this regard.
“Sialkot is a leading industrial and financial hub and its fast connectivity to the world is essential. Sharjah flights are being operated for the convenience of the business community and residents of Sialkot and adjoining areas,” the president said.
“PIA will also launch flights to Europe from Sialkot very soon. We are making all-out efforts to increase revenues and to provide improved services to passengers with convenient connections in the country,” he added.
PIA resumes Muscat operation after one-year gap 11:29 PM | 18 Nov, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's national flag-carrier has resumed its operations on Muscat route after a gap of over one year, a ...
Sialkot International Airport CEO General (r) Abid Nazir was the chief guest on the occasion, whereas PIA District Manager Muhammad Arif and PIA Station Manager Tariq Gulzar, along with other PIA officials were also present to greet the passengers of the airline’s first resumed flight to Sharjah.
Last week, the national flag-carrier resumed its operations on Muscat route after a gap of over one year.
PIA successfully inaugurates Lahore to Muscat flight with happy cabin crew & passengers. The flight was inaugurated by the local management. #PIA #FlightInauguration #Lahore #Muscat pic.twitter.com/EzgWI8b9Ef— PIA (@Official_PIA) November 19, 2018
The PIA flight PK-229 took off from Lahore Airport for Oman Saturday night, carrying around 141 passengers.
According to Mashhood Tajwar, the airline will operate twice weekly flights on Saturday and Sunday.
- Battle Axe Polo Cup sponsored by Faysal Bank: Remounts win another ...07:06 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- The City School inaugurated Raziuddin Shaikh All-Pakistan Senior ...06:43 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Aqeel and Sarah win Shehryar Malik Memorial Tennis titles06:24 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- 2,500 firers take part in Pakistan Army’s shooting competition05:25 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Title song of ‘Kahay Dil Jidhar’ starring Mansha Pasha and Junaid ...05:00 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Sajal Aly talks about her relationship with Janhvi Kapoor04:16 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan’s new dance video breaks the internet03:15 PM | 28 Nov, 2021