"Get this Indian out": Indian journalist made to leave Pakistan's press conference in New York
Pointing towards the NDTV journalist, Namrata Brar, someone said, "Iss Indian ko nikalo (remove this Indian)," NDTV claimed.
Namrata Brar was asked to leave the press conference at the Roosevelt Hotel where the Pakistani Foreign Secretary, Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry, was to address the media on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly.
NDTV claimed that no Indian journalist was allowed to attend the conference.
However, according to other journalists who were present there, the Indian journalist was simply asked to not to cover the conference and was assured that her questions will be personally answered by the Foreign Secretary after the conference to which the Indian media protested angrily.
The Pakistani officials say that the Indian media was not allowed to cover the conference just the way Indians do not allow to cover theirs.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has reached US and will address the Assembly on Wednesday. It is expected that Kashmir issue will dominate his speech at UNGA.
- PM Imran announces funeral grant for overseas Pakistanis08:46 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Indian forces kill three youth in occupied Kashmir08:27 PM | 6 May, 2021
- First pictures of prime suspect in British woman's murder in Pakistan ...07:54 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Father declares Haniya Khan ‘mentally unstable’ after she creates ...07:12 PM | 6 May, 2021
- PCB, NCOC decide on venue of PSL 2021’s remaining matches today06:48 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Bushra Ansari's sister Sumbul Shahid loses battle to COVID-1903:35 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi reveals ex-husband Shamoon Abbasi is also her ...04:32 PM | 6 May, 2021