Pakistan raises Kashmir issue with EU
NEW YORK - Foreign Secretary Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry on Tuesday raised Pakistan's serious concerns over the situation in occupied Kashmir with EU Secretary General for External Affairs Ms. Helga Schmid.
The two held a meeting on the sidelines of the 71st UNGA session in New York.
The Foreign Secretary briefed his EU counterpart about the gross human rights violations committed by India against innocent Kashmiris that has resulted in the death of over 100 and injuries to 8,000 people.
The EU side noted Pakistan's concerns and inquired about the current state of Pakistan-India relations.
Afghanistan was also discussed during the meeting. EU appreciated Pakistan's role in facilitating peace efforts in Afghanistan.
EU Secretary General also briefed the Foreign Secretary on preparations for the upcoming Brussels Ministerial Conference on Afghanistan to be held in Brussels in October.
- Palestinian-Israeli conflict: Pakistan urges UN to play its central ...12:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Cameras installed in Islamabad police uniforms to improve performance11:51 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Petition filed by woman to halt the finale of Mere Paas Tum Ho11:46 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019