India rejects PM Khan's proposal of hosting SAARC summit
Addressing a press conference, Indian External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said, “Time and again we have said that the atmosphere in the region is not conducive for this summit. It is difficult to hold the SAARC Summit which is to be hosted by Pakistan”.
Earlier, India accepted Pakistan’s proposal of having the foreign ministers of both countries meet at the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), but added that the meeting must not be misconstrued as dialogue.
The development came after PM Khan wrote a letter to his Indian counterpart Narendra Modi seeking resumption of dialogue between the two neighbouring countries and a meeting between FMs.
- Four young Kashmiris martyred in fresh act of Indian terrorism02:48 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 56,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,154 confirmed ...01:51 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Airbus team to arrive in Karachi today for investigation of PIA plane ...01:25 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Afghanistan to free up to 2,000 Taliban prisoners after ceasefire11:25 AM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020