Pakistan, China to launch satellite to monitor CPEC projects
Minister for Planning and Development Ahsan Iqbal and President of China Great Wall Industry Corporation Yin Liming signed an agreement in Islamabad on Wednesday.
An indigenously developed experimental satellite by SUPARCO will also be co launched with the remote sensing satellite.
This will be the first remote sensing satellite of Pakistan which will have multiple applications that will significantly assist the socio economic and infrastructure development activities in the country.
It will be utilized to help in disaster management such as flood forecasting and damage assessment.
Its use will be extended to the areas of mapping forestry and urban development. The sensing satellite will also serve the needs of the national security, especially in the context of security and border surveillance.
The cooperation between Pakistan and China in the space domain will open new vistas of socio economic and scientific cooperation between the two friendly states.
- Pakistan, India face off in first Olympic event final in 53 years11:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Travellers vaccinated with Sinopharm, Sinovac allowed to enter Saudi ...11:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- INS Vikrant: India's first indigenous aircraft carrier begins sea ...10:40 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Abdul Qayyum Niazi: Who is the new PM of Azad Jammu & Kashmir?10:12 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021