Pakistan, China to launch satellite to monitor CPEC projects
Minister for Planning and Development Ahsan Iqbal and President of China Great Wall Industry Corporation Yin Liming signed an agreement in Islamabad on Wednesday.
An indigenously developed experimental satellite by SUPARCO will also be co launched with the remote sensing satellite.
This will be the first remote sensing satellite of Pakistan which will have multiple applications that will significantly assist the socio economic and infrastructure development activities in the country.
It will be utilized to help in disaster management such as flood forecasting and damage assessment.
Its use will be extended to the areas of mapping forestry and urban development. The sensing satellite will also serve the needs of the national security, especially in the context of security and border surveillance.
The cooperation between Pakistan and China in the space domain will open new vistas of socio economic and scientific cooperation between the two friendly states.
- Pakistan reduces import of Ozone depleting substances to 50pc11:52 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Opposition announces Pakistan Democratic Movement against ...11:34 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Khobragade's posting at Indian HC incommensurate with Pakistan's ...11:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020